Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More Light, Less Shadows

I've been blogging for a long time.  About 7 years.  My first blog I deleted in a fit of anger and insecurity.  I regret that, it was a dumb thing to do but at least I learned a lesson from the impulsivity of doing so.  I began this current blog, In My Element, 5 years ago just as we were making the move from Halifax to Remote Rural Town, Alberta.

Thinking back on that time, I really needed the change.  In those moments I didn't know how to make the changes necessary on the inside without taking myself to a new physical landscape.  And it was so good!  I spent the first 6 months voraciously reading books by Marianne Williamson, Depak Chopra, Wayne Dyer and Eckart Tolle.   While life will always ebb and flow, expand and contract; those days really set the stage for some incredible personal growth that has ultimately taught me to nurture myself and live more fully from my heart.

Today my heart is open.  I want to invite people in to share in it.  But I find my heart is not so open as to be completely fearless.  This blog has been a sacred place for me.  Not unlike rosary beads that I move through my hands, contemplating and praying for wisdom.  I am however, ready for a new space in life with more light and less shadows to hide in.

5 comments:

Indigo, madder, marigold said...

awesome. I wish you godspeed.

Places to visit in Gurgaon said...

Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

App Development Bangalore said...

Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

App Development Bangalore said...

Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

GST Registration Delhi said...

Nice Post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. I am hoping you to write again very soon!